iPad SquareTrade is horrible

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joekim1026, Dec 15, 2014.

1. joekim1026 macrumors regular

Hello!

Just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone had something similar, and if so, how was it remedied?

So I bought ST back in March of 2012 when I got m 3rd Gen iPad. Last month, my son was using it on my brother's balcony, and it he accidentally dropped it....from the fifth floor out onto the street! I was on my way down to get it but when I got there, it was in worse condition than when it was initially dropped. According to my wife, the iPad had gotten run over a couple of times by cars that were passing by. So the back was all messed up, the glass screen part completely fell off and the inside screen part was scratched and broken. It still turned on, it just wasn't working.

So, I filed a claim and sent it off to ST. I got it back, repaired, but I was surprised to feel the screen felt like plastic and not glass, and the back of the iPad was fixed, however, they new aluminum backing had no apple logo and nothing else, it was just a plain aluminum backing. Everything felt cheap and it just looks and feels horrible now.

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

That's why I would if gotten it fixed at the Apple Store . They reimburse the cost of going to the apple store

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Wow that is incredible. Massive damage. Crazy repair story.

4. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I would love to see before and after photos, if you have them. That sounds like quite some damage.

5. joekim1026 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I don't have any before photos as I was not really in the mood to take them because I was so upset. But I will post after photos.

I didn't go to the apple store because the damage was so severe, I didn't think they would repair/replace it there.

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Have you tried contacting square Trade? Maybe they can get you a refurb

7. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

They will replace an iPad in pretty much any condition for the out of warranty repair price. It's high enough to cover the actual hardware cost to them.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

this. I actually have heard nothing but good things about ST. Next time just have apple replace the ipad, and ST will reimburse you the cost.

9. 617aircav Suspended