Squaretrade or Applecare on iPad Mini Retina

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pectin232, Feb 17, 2014.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

I have some PC devices covered by Squaretrade and thought of getting AppleCare for a ipad Mini Cellular I thought of purchasing soon. Which is better? Can I get a full new replacement like Applecare (going to Apple Store) or do I need to send it somewhere to get it fixed with Squaretrade (which can be a real hassle). I had iPhone 5 that had water damage and I brought it to Applestore and they just swap it out for me... for $49 or so.. which is fast and a life saver. I may not have time to wait for weeks and weeks just getting a replacement if accidents happen. I have 6 different Apple devices since Apple Iphone 3G days and I only had replaced only once in 7 years. Suggestions?

2. DFWHD macrumors regular

With square trade, unless it's a big screen TV or other large item, you will always have to send it in. It's in the agreement. Applecare on something small like an iPad mini will be handled quickly at the store. I can't say I'm 100% sure, but any iPhone/iPad issues we've had over the years with Applecare were handled on the spot. Only laptop issues had to stay overnight and/or were repaired in a day or two at the store.