Squaretrade w/ ADH? Questions/Worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vbman213, Jul 7, 2010.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

I'm very confused on something.

The big "Get a Warranty" button on the Squaretrade website is quoting me a 3 year warranty for $249.99. Does this include ADH?

If I go through the "AppleCare Alternative" page on squaretrade, it is quoting me a 3 year warranty with ADH for $399.99! Are you kidding me?

Should I still buy my Macbook Pro even though I don't have the money to purchase ADH?

I'm always very very careful with my electronics. I'm O.C.D when it comes to their safety and care. Should I just get the Squaretrade warranty without ADH? There is no way I can afford another $400 dollars on top of my $2200+ purchase.

But I will DEFINITELY be purchasing the accidental coverage for my iPhone 4. $99 bucks for two years + $50 deductible = $150 vs paying $300+ for a replacement. Seems like it would pay for itself after one use.

2. feeth macrumors 6502

Right now Squaretrade has a 20% off no limit coupon. The code is TWTYOFF

If you are spending under $150 on the warranty today,

Use coupon code SIZZLE. This is valid for 30% off, up to a maximum of $30 through 23:59 PT Aug 3rd, 2010. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11:59pm PT August 16th, 2010.

On a MBP purchased at microcenter for $999, the 20% off would get me down to $159 with the Accidental Damage from Handling.

Applecare is approx $110 from some ebay sellers with 100% (over 1k) feedback.

I know AC is great to deal with, but with ST, they usually end up refunding your purchase price if they can't fix it in 5 days. If its just a regular warranty repair, ST will refer you back to apple for the first year.

Thoughts?