Squaretrade warranty - drop/shatter THEN buy it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Just wondering...the squaretrade warranty is $99 (will be $120 after July 5th)...but you have 90 days after you bought the phone to buy the warranty.

So could I wait the 90 days, and if I dropped my phone during that time, buy the warranty and get it fixed? Do they verify that your phone isn't messed up already? This way it would extend the warranty by 90 days (if I did this instead of buying the warranty on day 1).

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

The warranty start after the first year of Applecare. Even if you bought the warranty, there's a certain period of time you have to wait before they'll let you file a claim, I think it's 60 days since the start of warranty. This is done to prevent people from doing what you're doing.

3. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you mean after the first year of Applecare?

Applecare doesn't replace shattered phones, so this warranty (I presume) would start the day I bought it?

4. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Kind of sounds like the warranty starts 1 year and 60 days after apple care starts (which is when you first buy the phone, i presume)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Meh good idea. I'll call them. Honestly, it's a phone call they're not going to sue me for asking lol

7. MikhailT macrumors 601

OK, i looked at the terms.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

With such wisdom you're unstoppable. Get on with your bad self.