Squaretrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SirStrumalot, Apr 10, 2011.

1. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Has anybody here had any experience with squaretrade insurance? I'm planning on getting my i4 insured (my 3GS was stolen and my last i4 succumbed to a spill) but it seems almost too good to be true. What I see is $99 for 2 years, and it covers accidental damage to the full UNSUBSIDIZED price of the phone. Anybody?

2. jamaggic macrumors member

had an out of warranty 2g purchased on ebay and insured with squaretrade; the up volume button got stuck, sent it to them, they could not repair and they sent me the $400 purchase price, no prob. Since then have everything insured with them.....:)

3. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

That's reassuring... Have you heard of Worthave Insurance? It seems like they follow a similar pricing structure to ST but also cover theft...?

4. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

Worth Ave is a compelling option over Square. Good experience with WA for two of my friends for iphone 3gs and for a 4.

5. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Square trade is amazing. I always buy it with my phones. My fiancé is sort of a klutz, God bless her heart lol.

6. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

Certainly sounds amazing... I can't think why I never considered insurance before now! Would've saved me a lot of money!

I'm torn between Squaretrade and Worth Ave right now... anybody prefer one over the other?

7. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Does Worth cover loss or just theft? It states theft but just want to make sure.

8. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

It says in the FAQ that losses are not covered. But the fact that theft is, still makes it sound appealing.

9. libertysat macrumors regular

I am thankful I haven't needed to make a claim but I bought coverage from Square

I also switched my credit card merchant services account to Square
    Saves me a lot compared to previous service I have used for many years