squeaking MBP trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macam, Jul 28, 2010.

1. macam macrumors regular

Ok weird one here...

I haven't noticed this before this morning but now it's just getting on my nerves....

Every time I depress my trackpad (the one built into my MBP 15" mid 2009) It is doing a slight squeak... Now I'm meticulous about how well I keep my beloved MBP... but I do use it everyday for many things (Including design, word processing, accounts, pwning the microsoft network at my office)

But I am guessing that these things are built to last... and shouldn't have an effect on how much I have used it right...

Should I take it to Apple and let them have a look at it is there a quick thing that I can do to mend it?

Or should I just get over it and accept it as quirk of it's character?!

let me know

macam

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I chalk this one up as a quirk. I have the same click/creaking noise on my MBP and I have the latest model (June 2010). It only seems to happen when I use my laptop on a soft surface, i.e. my bed or the floor. Whenever i use the laptop on my desk...no sound. I'm guessing it might be due to the glass trackpad or something very minor. I haven't taken it to the Apple Store since I consider this an entirely minor issue. Wouldn't worry too much about it unless something stops working. THEN take it to the Apple Store and have them check it out. :eek: