Squeaking screen on Blackbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bobcat16, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Bobcat16 macrumors member

So when I open and close my screen it squeaks a ton. I'm about to get a new Macbook Pro, but I am giving this one to my mom and want to fix this slight problem before giving it to her. Can I do this myself or would I need to get someone to? Seems like just a simple hinge problem on the Macbook.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My Blackbook's screen squeaked when I moved it when it was hot. One day I threw my bag containing my Blackbook a bit too hard. The next day I noticed the squeaking was gone, but the screen was slightly twisted. Twisted as in when closed, it does align up correctly with the bottom half. I don't care about that as now it doesn't squeak anymore.

Now I'm not saying go and drop it around. I have no idea what causes the squeaking, nor do I know how mine stopped.

3. Brucemcgoose macrumors newbie

This is a pretty common issue with the MacBook/Air/Pro. I had the same problem as you, even just a slight movement made the laptop creak. The problem got worse so I took it into an Apple Store and they replaced the screen same day.

I had the screen replaced about 2 or 3 months ago and have had no issues with creaking/squeaking hinges since.

4. Bobcat16 thread starter macrumors member

Sounds expensive for something that seems easy to fix. Was it?

5. Brucemcgoose macrumors newbie

The screen replacement was around £200 if I remember right. Luckily I had AppleCare!