squeaking sounds from microphone output

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by saisrujan, Jul 3, 2008.

1. saisrujan macrumors member

My MBA gives out squeaking sound around bass beats. Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen, it irritates me. When I listen to the same song on the iphone, I get a very clear sound.

Can anyone do this for me? Can you listen to "Speak to me/Breathe" by Pink Floyd on your headphones / earphones if you have that track? Along with the first few heartbeats, I hear squeaking noises. Do you hear anything like that?

This squeaking noise could also happen sometimes when I am minimizing / maximizing windows, or doing something processor intensive.

Any ideas?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Long shot here. If teeny bits of metal get near the speakers (and the magnet on the speakers), they can jump on and mess with the response of the cone shape. The old iBook g4s used to get a fuzzy in some places of the sound range when they had this issue.

3. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

i've had that on 2 airs... it only happens when you have earphones plugged in. i also get that sound when you make the volume louder or press the increase button when it's muted

4. saisrujan thread starter macrumors member

Yes, it happens with earphones. I can't hear that with the in-built mono speakers (neither can I hear any bass, but that's for another day).

You say you've had that on 2 air's. Do you mean you finally got one that doesn't have this problem?

5. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

nope... I don't use earbuds enough to have them fix it. Last time I sent something in, my bottom case got jacked up as well as some other stuff. They gave me a new one that's perfect besides that, I'm not risking sending it in again.