Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masahiro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
The space bar on my MBP is making an annoying squeaking sound. Should I take the spacebar out and pop it back in and see if that fixes the problem? If so, how would I go take off the spacebar? or is there any other way to fix this problem? :mad:

Thanks in advance.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
The space bar on my MBP is making an annoying squeaking sound. Should I take the spacebar out and pop it back in and see if that fixes the problem? If so, how would I go take off the spacebar? or is there any other way to fix this problem? :mad:

Thanks in advance.

Do you live near an Apple Store (or where ever you bought it) or did you buy online? If you can take it into the store, have them take a look before guessing at how to pop the key off - not worth the risk. Might be an easy fix.

Generally speaking, if you get a good display on your new MBP, I wouldn't risk swapping the machine. Lots of other things can be fixed or repaired and I would so choose that over a replacement right now, what with all the problem displays floating around.

Chucko

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2007
I had the same problem. Minor but really annoying! I took it to the Apple store, they popped it off and replced it with another space bar...bada boom, bada bing! No more squeak!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.