Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lagstream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
I purchased a new macbook alum back in late November off of ebay. Recently, I've started to notice that the enter key is somewhat loose and makes a squeaking/clacking sound whenever i hit the middle part of the key, almost as if the key is not sitting tight. Now if this was any other key thats less used, I probably wouldn't have an issue with it but alas, its the most used key on a keyboard.

Do you think this is something worth taking to the Apple Store to have them take a look? Everything else about my macbook is fine, so I'm hoping a simple keyboard swap would be possible. Also, since I purchased the macbook off of a ebay seller, I do not have the official sales receipt. What would I need to bring in order to show proof of purchase in that case?

crazyxzer0

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
my keyboard squeaks a little on the H and U buttons. I got a kbcovers.com keyboard skin since I was sick of the fingerprint marks, and the squeak dissapeared. I know its not the solution but I think Apple Store will deny you since its pass the DoA dates.

Tinknock71

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
Westland Michigan
Maybe a little WD-40 should do the trick:D No really, if it bugs you that much take it in and have them look at it, might be a simple fix, hell you paid enough for it, might as well be right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.