Squeaky Macbook Trackpad Button

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rolypolywoly, Aug 1, 2010.

1. rolypolywoly macrumors newbie

I've had a few repairs done on my Macbook a week or so ago, including having the keyboard top case replaced, because parts of it had frayed away. Since I've had it back the trackpad button is squeaking incessantly when pressed, with normal pressure applied. It's really irritating, and I use my Macbook frequently. What do you think I should do about it? :confused:

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Depending on your model, you can remove the battery and tighten or loosen the screw that holds the trackpad. This might solve your problem. You can also try to turn it up side down and click a bit, or blow on it to get rid of stuck dust or other stuff. And you can try to click it, hold it down, and then move your finger from left to right a few times. If all that doesn't work, I'm sure someone in the Apple store can open it up and check it out for free.

3. rolypolywoly thread starter macrumors newbie

Ta

I don't think I'd trust myself to start opening it up or tightening things. It's an original model MacBook. Blowing dust & stuff away has had no effect

I just tried holding it upside down but I think that's a two person job. Might try it later. :D

I have to go back to the Apple Store anyway, so I guess I'll get someone to check it out. I do hate some of the Macbots at the Glasgow branch though, so the thought doesn't thrill me. I've had some really appalling so called customer service there. :mad: