Sr.Advisor says my AppleTV dead meat

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Phil in ocala, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Phil in ocala Suspended

Phil in ocala

Could not get icons to show up and nothing but youtube worked...spent 20 min with Apple Sr. Advisor and he concluded it was totally broken but they could fix it for $70 + shipping...ordered Roko instread

2. daflake, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018

daflake macrumors 6502a

To be honest, I have had nothing but issues with mine this time around as well (4K). This may be the end of the line for me and Apple TV at this point.

3. Phil in ocala thread starter Suspended

Phil in ocala

_________
    I bought this on ebay...and because of the time issue...they refuse to demand a refund of the seller...bought two firesticks on ebay...both defective...this is the new ebay scam...sell worthless electronics on ebay for a good price.

4. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

The perils of Ebay!!!
    I have a ruling that with Apple, I buy from an Apple store or Apple.com OR here in the UK, the amazing John Lewis department store.

I would never risk buying electrical stuff of value from Ebay. I buy old car brochures from there but that's it for. Once bought Flashdance on BluRay as a region free. It turned out to be a pirated disc! No refund from the scammer. That was the nail in the coffin for BluRay for me and it was iTunes HD all the way after that! (Now if iTunes could offer Dolby True HD for iTunes films for the ATV, they'd have a real winner there!).

5. roidy macrumors 65816

This is your second thread about this. What you mention in your first thread that you completely fail to mention in this one is that the aTV you purchased is a 3rd gen device, that is now discontinued, will never get any more updates, is well past warranty and purchased from eBay.... of course apple are going to charge you to repair it. Buying a Roku instead isn't going to change Apple's mind.

6. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

Irrelevant sidebar from an expat: Oh do so miss John Lewis. Was also saddened to hear that BHS had gone the way of C&A. Still, at least there's still WH Smiths, Boots and the ole staple, Marks and Sparks, right?

7. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

DAMN MISLEADING thread!!! The ATV 3 is old and it's only a £59 device, it was damn good at the time - brilliant even but it's time to move on and replace with the ATV 4K man! The auto frame rate switching is worth it even before we talk about our own choice of apps, A10X chip, 4K Dolby Vision, 60 fames per second playback and UI :) :) :)

Being honest at £59, I don't know how Apple did it - beautiful design, top quality components, proper AC power supply built in, A5 chip, remote heck, even a top quality Apple designed mains lead :)

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What is it you’re wanting to discuss?