SR Macbook battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by koshper, Nov 6, 2007.

1. koshper macrumors member

Hi guys, i shortly expect to be converting over to the white side and get my first mac. Now that a few of you have this new version, what do you think of the battery life and general feel of it.

A lot of reviews stated the previous build gave about 4hrs of actual use.

2. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

I've not really seen how far the SR can go with battery life, though at least in leopard, and the 15 inch LCD version can reach 4 hours at least, maybe more depending on what you are using it for while on battery.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

No it can't. Slightly less than 4 hours on the absolute outside if you have everything turned off. Macbook life will be marginally higher due to the lower-power requirement (balanced with the slightly lower power of the Macbook battery vs the MBP) - but don't expect a quantum leap

4. azulchica macrumors newbie

I saw someone on here report a battery life of 6 hrs (!) with the new macbook.

I'm not sure what apps she was running though.

5. Liamf555 macrumors member

Liamf555

Santa Rosa. Its the new chipset in the macbook and its also in the macbook pros.

However its not technically the whole chipset, as the whole chipset requires the intel wireless module but macbooks (and pros) use a apple airport extreme wireless module

6. koshper thread starter macrumors member

just doing basic tasks such as web browsing and iPhoto and iWork . . . work

people have commented on the different look to the screens and i wonder if it's an attempt to increase battery life

7. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Well I was just saying an estimate as to how long, because I have not actually drained the battery from my day to day. It is probably more like 3-3.5 hours, though that is just a guess. Though I forgot to mention, that I have a Macbook Pro SR, that I got in August. I should of mentioned that initially....

True though it is just used, for the macs as a designation of the changes inside. It may not be officially the Santa Rosa platform, but it has alot of the changes of the platform

8. archi penko macrumors member

archi penko

aside:
    why would the wireless module make it "official" or "complete". does it run -umm for lack of a better word - better with?