SR Macbook Battery Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by portuglish08, Nov 8, 2007.

1. portuglish08 macrumors member

Ok, So I asked this question in another thread, but I really didn't get a response.
    I just bought my macbook last Thursday and I am on the 10th cycle. I am only getting between 3 1/2- 4 Hours of battery time. I have already calibrated it, and all I am doing is searching the net. Nothing harsh. Other people with SR Macbook's are reporting 5 1/2-7 hours, why am I getting such little amount of time compared to them? Should I call apple? Any advice?
    Thanks.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Honestly, 3.5 - 4 hours isn't bad.

There are a couple of tools you can try that will show you the "health" of your MacbOok battery. The first is coconut-battery 2.5.1. The second is the iStat Pro widget.

Both tools will list the "health" of your battery as a percentage, letting you know how much of the rated capacity is actually being held by your battery. If it's in the 90s, your battery is fine. ANything lower than this and I would be concerned.

If the diagnostics point to the battery being fine, it could very well be that you're using things like Airport and Bluetooth that will use up more battery power than if they were off. People use their computers differently, and it could be that those who are getting these storied 5-hour battery cycles aren't doing very much.

3. feyn-man macrumors regular

I got almost 8hours.
    ((((((:)

4. portuglish08 thread starter macrumors member

I have airport off, and bluetooth off. The only thing I am doing is on macrumors and the last hour or so, listening to itunes. Just listening not downloading. I understand 4 hours isn't bad, but if people are getting double, that would be great, seeing as I use my laptop for everything, so I need a good battery.
    I have had iStat pro since the first day, and it has been saying my battery has 100% health, thats why I am concerned. How much time am I going to get when my battery goes to 80%. I didn't buy this computer for getting less time than specified.

5. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

iTunes lowers your battery quite a bit. On my MB I get about 3 hours and mine is about 3 months old. I calibrate it once a month and still...pretty weak. Try to lower the screen brightness and close any programs that you don't need.