SR Macbook Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by johnl85, Nov 6, 2007.

1. johnl85 macrumors newbie

I purchased my SR Blackbook last Thursday - the day they were released. I use my battery quite a bit, as I'm always moving locations.

My battery last forever, especially compared to my old dell. However, just today, the highest percentage the battery will show is 97%. I know this isn't too far from 100%, but I was wondering if this is normal. Also, as the battery weakens, will this percentage decrease? At some point, will it show a full charge as 50%?

I have read several articles about how to preserve the life of the battery. I try to do most of these things, but ultimately, I can't let my concerns over saving my battery get in the way of my work.

Thanks for the help! I have really enjoyed reading these posts over the last couple of months!

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

What you're seeing is perfectly normal. The macbook/macbook pro battery is designed to not fully charge if you haven't depleted at least 5% of the charge in one use.

For example:

Your battery is fully charged (100%) and you take it off AC power. After about three minutes, your battery is at 98%, and you plug it back into AC power for some reason. The battery will not charge from this point.

Now, I have to ask, have you done a battery calibration yet? Do so soon (like right away) and download Coconut Battery. It will give you an accurate picture of your battery's health. As long as your battery retains 80% of its original charge after 300 full load cycles, you're fine.

Here's the guide for more info (a link to Apple's page is also there).

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

yes it will. But my 2001 TiBook still shows 93% charge, and thats after a few thousand cycles. It is likely the computer will cark it before the battery does.

4. johnl85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, that makes sense. I haven't downloaded Coconut Battery yet, but I think I'm going to. Thanks for the help!