SR Macbook logic board failure, will Apple give me upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by superadium, Apr 21, 2008.

1. superadium macrumors newbie

So my SR blackbook (purchased Nov 07) is dead. Logic board failure. If Apple can't fix the problem will they give me the upgrade to the newer blackbook with the pyren cpu??

i hope it can't be fixed:D

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If it was closer to three years, you might be closer to a swap -- but not so soon after the machine got introduced.

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

No, with a model that new they'll have plenty of reserves to give you.

4. superadium thread starter macrumors newbie

Since I have a few other macs would i be wise to just let this baby sit in the closet all dead for another year, 2 yr before seeing what can be done? no big loss to me it died, but would be nice if i got the better model seeing how apples quality control as of late....isn't the best.

5. Thetics macrumors regular

you might get a "new" refurb, but i doubt ull get a newer model. never hurts to ask though.

6. bartelby macrumors Core

Defrauding Apple probably won't win you many friends around here.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

If it is the logic board, they will just replace it. That is what they are doing to my 2.2 Macbook. I brought it in yesterday, will have it back in 2 days.

8. Stokes macrumors regular

They replaced my 2.0GHz SR for a 2.4Ghz P after the second time my display took a dump. They did this at the Apple Store

9. superadium thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome!

I paid for a 3 year applecare warranty....its my choice bartelby when to turn it into apple for servicing. I'll hold on to it for a few more months and see how it goes.

that is how the game is played. you drop $2k on a laptop...and it breaks in less than 5 months....they either fix or REPLACE.

10. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

I'm sure Apple will happily fix it. Logic board is an easy swap. I wouldn't expect a replacement.