SR Macbook Pro display.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by onthat, Nov 28, 2007.

1. onthat macrumors regular

onthat

Just wondering if the gloss and matte screens are one in the same, if not, which has a better reputation.

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

There are about 100 or so threads on this question, but I'll answer it anyway. Next time, you can try using the search field at the top right.

Anyways, matte and glossy have their + and - points. Glossy is....glossy. Some people are annoyed by the reflection.

If you're uncertain, get matte. You can absolutely hate glossy, but you can't hate matte.

3. onthat thread starter macrumors regular

onthat

While I thank you for your response, you did not answer my question.

I want to know if it is literally the exact same screen, produced with the exact same components, and by the exact same company...but with a different outer pane/coating.

Thanks for the reminder, but I've known where the search bar is located for quite some time now and use it frequently. In this case I did not find 100 results...in fact, there were none.

4. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Oh, sorry, I suppose I misinterpreted your question.

It's just that I'm so used to seeing glossy vs. matte questions on this forum :)

As for the screen, I am not 100% sure, but I would think they are the same, save for the coating, of course.

How do I know this? As far as my knowledge there were, for some time, Samsung (9c68) and LG (9c67) screens. The samsungs were found on glossy and matte mbps, and often had yellow tints in the bottom 1/3. The LGs were better in that they had no yellow tint, but suffered from graininess and backlight bleed. LGs were more desired...but as of recently it appears there are "9c6D' or some variant of that screens out there, and I'm not sure if those are LG or samsung.

A good calibration will help and one of the displays you end up getting, though.

Is there a specific reason why you want to know if the 2 panels are the same?

Hope that helped.