SR Macbook Pro sound problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reiger, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Reiger macrumors regular

I'm considering buying a MBP. Everybody seems to be complaining about the screen (except for iW00t ;) ). But there seems to be a second issue with the SR MBP, a problem with the analogue sound output. I've read one review (which I can't seem to find anymore), that was complaining about the (background) hiss and overall electronic interference sounds that shouldn't be there. The problem is that with all the sound in the stores, this is almost impossible to assess. Furthermore, I am confused whether all MBPs are affected or only a few, as I've only read two complaints about the soundquality in the forums.

Could SR MBP owners, please comment on this issue? How bad is it using external speakers, IEMs and just regular earbuds?

2. Reiger thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, that was the review I was referring to. Thnx!

However, the strange thing is that the review is pretty harsh on the sound quality, while almost nobody seems to complain on Macrumors. Strange or not?

3. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

so, what is the problem?

i read the review. they do not mention which sound-isolating headphones they are. i own atrio m5 from futuresonics - it is not very sensitive and i can listen to any portable sound source and still manage to fairly enjoy the music without an amplifier. the shuffle g2 and g1 are still on the edge.

my um2 however are terrible with any sound source - except minidisk portables. that included meizu m6, nano 1g and 2g, cowon d2 - the whole gamut.

sound isolating phones will hiss, rattle and do anything terribly unless they have low powered outputs. this test is worthless - no laptop will have zero hiss from iems

4. jon4lakers macrumors regular

I have the new SR (see sig) and have zero problems. Everything is great. Dont sweat it!

5. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

yeah, no trouble at all. if you expect any computer or any sound card to have no noise, you had better make that a separate soundcard powered by batteries, separate amps etc.

too bad that review coloured some peoples view of its sound

6. marktt macrumors newbie

Sound Issues with MBP

I have a spangly new MBP - there are two issues with it

One is the trackpad - there seems to be no way to adjust the touch sensitivity - if anyone knows a way I would be interested to learn how it can be done

Second - on the subject of sound - the sound is nowhere near as good as on the previous MBP series. Added to that, there is a significant problem with the stereo spectrum - the right hand side takes the load, there is sound from the left but it is low level and not correctable from within sound preferences.

Anyone with similar problems?