SR MacBook supposed to vibrate when optical media is inserted?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by other, Nov 12, 2007.

1. other macrumors 6502

I just got my SR MacBook. The first thing I did was begin to reinstall Leopard. I noticed, however, that the whole MacBook vibrates like crazy while the install DVD is spinning. I noticed because it made my lamp shake, which caused some noise.

I've seen this mentioned in other threads several times, what I never quite cathed though: is this normal?

2. blackgmc macrumors member

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

Another member had his Mb replaced, he took it to the store and the apple people agreed.

4. jaeger19604 macrumors newbie

I have a 2.2 blackbook. My optical drive does NOT shake / vibrate to the point where my lamp shade moves too.. You might want to get that checked out, I don't think superdrive or combo drive should make it any different.

5. other thread starter macrumors 6502

Sigh, I was going to write this and then I just forgot. :) It's a "Super Drive", Matshita UJ-857E.

6. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

Try it with another DVD FIRST. Always best to verify it before you look dump... :)

Odds are that the 10.5 DVD that you have is off balance. That's MUCH more likely than the drive being bad. An off balance DVD or CD can be pretty violent.