SR Macbook... windows gaming?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tijuanamiguel, Nov 19, 2007.

1. tijuanamiguel macrumors member

Hi, i'm thinking of getting a SR blackbook for christmas/january. i'd go for the 2.2 and buy 4GB RAM from Crucial for £115.

I'd mostly use it for web browsing, some photoshopping and digital painting with a wacom, a bit of video editing - nothing toooo heavy etc. i'd like to run either bootcamp or parallels to emulate 3d studio max (just basic modelling, not very heavy scenes) and windows games. i know a mbp would be better for all that, but i like the black 13 inch, and i cant really afford a MBP.

will emulated windows games run ok on a 2.2 4GB RAM blackbook? do you guys have experiences emulating windows games on SR MBs and if so, what game and how was the performance?

thanks

2. sundayx macrumors member

You just have to basically focus on 1 thing, the integrated graphics, and it will struggle on gaming/3d period.

3. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

unless you're playing, let's say, minesweeper, you want to use boot camp for gaming. the blackbook is not going to do any gaming well because its graphics card is not meant for gaming.

4. GStreakT macrumors member

I'm a hardcore gamer, but I use a MacBook (2GhZ). As a user above me has said, it's not the memory or anything that really counts, but the graphics card that the MacBooks come with. Mine's an Intel GMA 950 although I know they've bumped it up. I hear it's a bit better, but still not sufficient. I'm guessing you can probabl play games like The Sims 2, and Thief 1, and 2. But Doom 3, Quake 4, Bioshock, and Hitman might have to wait. Hitman especially only works with an ATI or nVIDIA.