SR Macbook won't Shutdown!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stolencheese, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Stolencheese macrumors newbie

My new Santa Rose Macbook that I recieved last week was running perfectly until yesterday when I went to turn off and it wouldn't. It's done the exact same today in College and it just stays on the shut down screen and I have to force quit.

Also, Temperature is always pretty hot and fans are usually either hardly running or spinning like a beast. Shall I try re-installing leopard as this was my first idea or shall I call up Apple?

Thanks,
    James!
    Week old macbook owner!

2. Redline13 macrumors 6502

This definitely sounds like a hardware issue. I would call Apple.

3. Stolencheese thread starter macrumors newbie

Also noticed today that it goes in to shutdown mode and then the screen goes black but when I close the lid the sleep light indicator comes on. And I can solve this by holding down and force shutdowning, But it's getting a real pain.

Can anyone see any problems that might be happening and any solutions that don't involve sending away my much loved macbook.

Thanks guys!

4. cvahl macrumors member

I would check the activity monitor if there is any process running in the background which uses a lot of cpu power. That might be a reason for the heat

5. doug.hall macrumors regular

This is my second macbook and they have both had this problem. I am not convinced it's hardware and I suspect it is a software issue because it doesn't happen on all user accounts. However I have not idea what the issue is . I'm calling Apple tomorrow to discuss it with them and see what they suggest.:confused:

6. jameskohn macrumors 6502