SR Macbooks: Sound quality?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jaywong87, Nov 8, 2007.

1. jaywong87 macrumors newbie

jaywong87

Hey everyone, I've been seriously considerin a black macbook for quite a while now, and with the recent update I think Im going to make the plunge. My PB just crapped out on me, bu I noticed the sound quality on my PB was a whole lot better than my friend's MB. In fact, it would get so bad, that instead of listening to music through his Macbook (or plugging speakers into it, because all it did was make te bad soun quality louder), we had to upload his songs onto his iPod and than hook it up to speakers to listen to his music.

Whats everyone's thoughts on the MB's sound quality? Is there anything I can get that coul improve it? Thanks!

2. Matteh117 macrumors regular

Changing the iTunes equaliser settings helped a little when listening to music, but they are pretty rubbish speakers.

This doesn't really bother me because most of the time I have my buds in when using laptop anyway.

But yeah... crap speakers.

3. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

The MacBook speakers are pretty bad. Really bad. Really really bad. Even for casual use they are terrible.

However, I listen through the headphone output with a pair of Sennheiser PX100 headphones and the sound is stunning. There is no electrical noise and I would say that it sounds better than my 5.5G iPod, but that is extremely subjective.

4. BossHogg macrumors member

BossHogg

I'm by no means an audiophile or expert....but listening to music, podcasts or movies - the audio seems fine to me. The volume max is louder than I expected as well. Just my $.02 ! :)