SR MBP battery not responding at all...weird, help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fs454, Jan 5, 2010.

1. fs454 macrumors 65816

Alright, so back in September I bought a battery for my 15" pre-unibody MBP on Ebay, because I didn't want to spend too much more on this computer before I bought a new one, and I knew I could find a genuine one for cheaper than what apple charges.

I found one with three cycles on it, genuine and not a mark on it to suggest damage or a fake, and it's been working great for the past 54 cycles.

Until today. Last week, I left my MBP unused (sleeping) until today because I've been so busy and have just used my Mac Pro, and now I come back to my macbook and it has zero juice, so I plug it in and use it for a while, but notice it says "Not Charging" and "Condition: Replace Now". I take a look at iStat which tells me it has 51 cycles and 0% health, and "nan% Charged"...I restart, take out the battery, put it in, to no avail. The status light on the battery does not blink or come up when the button is pressed, and of course, the computer instantly turns off if the magsafe is disconnected (which is green, not red)

Could this just be a really nice looking fake, or can I do something to revive it?

Thanks

:edit: I just did some googling to find a couple Apple support docs about the issue, but none helped. I've tried waiting (its been on an hour now) as well as resetting the SMC.

2. fs454 thread starter macrumors 65816

Update: I left it closed and plugged in all night, and awoke to the battery still not responding. What could have caused this? My 350 cycle battery that I repalced it with still shows a "blinking light" charge status and that has been sitting in my closet for months.(and also charges in the mbp) This one shows nothing when the button is pressed.

How could this happen?!

3. fs454 thread starter macrumors 65816

Anybody? I'm not one to bump topics every five minutes but it hit the bottom of the second page and I'm still stumped. thanks

4. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Basically you have a dead battery on your hands. Theres not really anything you can do to revive it. Hate to say it but you're going to need a new one. You may want to try calling Apple care or a retail store, they might help you out. Personally I'm one my third battery...not exactly the best quality if you ask me :rolleyes:. just keeping my fingers crossed on this one

5. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

yep
    youre pretty much stuck with a dead battery.

6. joecool99 Suspended

joecool99