SR MBP green tint instead of yellow tint

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by michaelfengdayu, Jul 25, 2007.

1. michaelfengdayu macrumors member

My new MBP has a GREEN hue if viewed from the side. I've read a lot about the "1/3 screen yellow tint" problem. Mine is actually greenish. Is that same problem or something to ignore?

BTW it's LG screen.

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

at which angle? it's normal to have color shifting if you look at the screen from the side.

3. michaelfengdayu thread starter macrumors member

the color starts to change at 45°.
    the more neutural color the more obvious it appears green. i.e. it happens more to the menubar, window title bar, grey desktop image than to white windows background.
    it affect the whole screen instead of just the bottom.

4. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

i think it's normal to have color shifting at that angle, and since the whole screen is affected, i guess it's normal.

5. henhowc macrumors regular

This is normal.

You do not have a problem unless your LCD shows discoloration when you're looking at the screen head on.

6. Alloye macrumors 6502a

Calibrate it. The default ColorSync profile has a very definite green push. And since you have the LG panel, you might try the profile I created with a hardware calibrator. See this message for details.

7. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

That is a normal effect for an LCD screen. The colours will appear to be dispersed differently from different angles.

About 5 years ago, you couldn't move your head more than 10' off the central viewing point otherwise the colours appear distorted and messed up.

Who views their laptop from 45' anyway? Does it not give you a sore neck?