Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's the low-down on your current SR MBP Screen?

• PERFECT - no extreme backlight bleeding or yellowing

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Yellowing on the bottom of the screen

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Extreme backlight bleeding

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

enklined

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Earth
With all the posts about the bad SR MBP LCD Screens, I thought I'd make a poll just to see how bad the problem really is.

Either way, vote which screen you've CURRENTLY got, and maybe include in your post if you had it replaced, or had the MBP exchanged.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
backlight bleeding is basically when the screen should be totally black, but light leeks through. This is a really extreme example of it.
inspron9400_black.jpg

I am going to get my replacement for a WEek 36 2.2 Glossy Samsung MBP that was badly yellow.

xpovos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Tennessee
Wow, with my vote for "PERFECT" the stats show as exactly 50/50.

I've CURRENTLY got a 17" (non-LED, of course) SR, standard 1680x1050. Since your poll didn't specify only LED screens (the title just says "LCD Screen"), I figured I was allowed to vote. The grain visibility on this one is about on par with a last-generation 20" iMac (Core2Duo), which is to say it's visible if you're really looking for it up close to the display, but otherwise perfectly acceptable. The backlighting is as close to perfect on this one as any laptop screen I've seen. On the whole I would even say this screen is better than the high-res I had to return for other (non-screen related) issues.

I'll also say, though, that I ended up with this particular 17" because my last 17" had severe backlight problems (and tons of other issues), and I ended up with THAT 17" because I went through 3 really, really bad 15" screens and just gave up on the current LED screens until they sort out the new technology.

All in all, it took me ELEVEN (count 'em) MacBook Pros over the course of a year to get a good one with no issues at all, but it seems that for me, eleventh time's a charm.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
you should have kept up with it. the 13th replacement probably would have come preloaded with leopard.

Megatron

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2005
Got my SR MBP first day they came out, screen is perfect. LG screen, no dead pixels, no yellow band, very bright. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.