SR MBP screen problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by monjones, Apr 28, 2008.

1. monjones macrumors member

Hello,
    I have a MBP (SR, but the one from late 2007, not the current model) and it's developed a problem with the screen. It happens fairly frequently after I lift up the screen after it's been in sleep mode. About 3/4 of the screen kind of fades to white. If I move the screen backwards and forwards, it then corrects itself. But for a few seconds after that, the picture breaks up a little bit before it settles down. I've run a full diagnostics, and it says no problem found. I also tried the thing with turning it off and taking out the battery and pressing the power button for a few seconds - no improvement. I attach a picture showing what it looks like. Anyone else had this experience and found out how serious the problem is? I still have over 2 years warranty in case it's a hardware problem.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dhd macrumors member

dhd

Hi there,

your screen is agonizing and it will die for good soon. I had the same issue with my mbp, and the same symptoms as well: if i moved the screen back and forth, it will work for a while and then it will return to the state shown on the pic.

At the Apple store they had to replace the logic board (at least on my particular computer). If they do to yours,and you are using Time machine (it's easy to spot on your pic), it won't recognize your new MAC address.

K. regards

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Try connecting to an external monitor and see if it happens. If it doesnt,

replace the LCD panel.

4. monjones thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. I'll try an external monitor when I get a chance. But it sounds like there is something fundamental wrong in any event, so I'll take it to the Apple store and get them to look at it.

5. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

The "E" in your dock seems prominent, at first this seems like a hardware issue, but if that icon is fine, it could be something else.

6. monjones thread starter macrumors member

Actually, that "E" on the dock was affected too. It's just a very bold E, so it shows up better than the rest. But it's still faded.

7. dhd macrumors member

dhd

When this happened to my mbp, if I conected an external it displayed nothing. I'll go to the nearest apple shop asap....