SR MBP Screen Question (Not what you think).

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alex.vm, Aug 25, 2007.

1. alex.vm macrumors member

Jul 2, 2007
    Hey guys,

It's not about the yellow screen :)

I have noticed that when I open the laptop without having turned it off, it takes a few seconds for what I believe is my color profile to load up. It has a blueish tint before going back to it's normal colors. Is this normal of all laptops, something that I can fix myself, or would you reccomend taking it on to a genius bar? It's a SR MBP BTW.

Thanks in advance!

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

Jun 28, 2007
  3. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    OK, I have a MBP that I got from work and am playing with for the weekend :)
    The screen isn't yellow but desperately needed calibration so I loaded in a profile from one of the profiles someone posted in another topic. It does briefly show the other profile before switching when you wake it up. One other thing, when I look down upon it from an angle, it's kind of got a bluish tint. When I look up at it from an angle, it's got a magenta tint. Since the keyboard is below the screen, the magenta tint reflects onto the keyboard giving the keyboard a reddish hue. Nothing earth shattering by any means although I wasn't sure if anyone else's had the same attributes. By the by it's an LG screen (9C67).
  4. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2007
    Jacked into the net...
    hm, that's odd. I put my MBP to sleep and woke it. I am not getting any color profile changes on my screen. The profile appears immediately. FTR, I used SuperCal to calibrate the screen.
  5. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Normal, but for me it takes between a split second and a second for it to kick in.
  6. iTeen macrumors 65816

Aug 13, 2007