Sreen capture apps (video)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Everythingisnt, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

Anyone know any good free screen capture applications that will capture a video of your screen? I already have Jing but have been experiencing too many problems with that...

Any help would be great =)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Unfortunately the unreliable Copernicus is the only other real screen video capture app out there...

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Very unreliable. I ended up with a folder with all the frames of video it took. I remember looking at a whole page of them, but I can't remember where I saw it.

4. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I really don't think there are any free video screen capture applications out there. I use Snapz Pro X, but it's not free. Though it is a part of the MacHeist bundle.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Dido.

A really good price on it. It took a little getting used to it popping up every time I hit [command] [shift] [3]. but I got over it.

6. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Snapz Pro X is awesome for screen captures. And since it is part of the macheist bundle you get lots of other cool apps too for only $49.

7. Everythingisnt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

Thanks =)

I'll check out Copernicus, but yeah.. Seeing as what I need to do with it, I might as well go for something with a price tag on it, if only for knowing that it will work when i need it to.

8. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Honestly, look at the Mac Heist bundle then. You'll never get a better deal than the 11 or 12 apps for $49. I mean, Snapz Pro ALONE usually costs $69, so if you use none of the other apps, you still get a $20 discount.

They're all unlocked now, so there's no risk you might get burned.

9. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

That's what I was gonna say. Or you could cheap out iShowU for $20, but I would HIGHLY suggest the MH bundle.