Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batcatman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Hey Guys....

I just jumped ships from Windows Mobile to iphone after 4 years of loyalty:( My most widely used app in WM was SRS WOW HD, which is basically a sound enhancement app. I did extensive search but cud not find an iphone version of teh app, cud u guys suggest something similar to make my music sound better.
Any help appreciated, and this forum is awesome for newbies like me.:apple:

batcatman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
Hey Guys....

I just jumped ships from Windows Mobile to iphone after 4 years of loyalty:( My most widely used app in WM was SRS WOW HD, which is basically a sound enhancement app. I did extensive search but cud not find an iphone version of teh app, cud u guys suggest something similar to make my music sound better.
Any help appreciated, and this forum is awesome for newbies like me.:apple:

anyone...anything???:confused:any sound enhancement app??

kelpi

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008
anyone...anything???:confused:any sound enhancement app??

I'm confused. Why would you need a sound enhancement app? Wouldn't it solely depend on the phones? I'm sure the music will sound awesome with some Shure's 530s?

batcatman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2009
I'm confused. Why would you need a sound enhancement app? Wouldn't it solely depend on the phones? I'm sure the music will sound awesome with some Shure's 530s?

I agree it does depend on headfones if/when i am using them. I mostly listen to my iphone in car...which is where srs wow used to do its magic.:(

MasterDev

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
I agree it does depend on headfones if/when i am using them. I mostly listen to my iphone in car...which is where srs wow used to do its magic.:(

Seriously, just plug it in first and you will be, "WOW'ed"

No need for an app to make it sound good as the output is already high end.

-Or are you looking for an equalizer?

lolapple

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2010

Uh, no, it wouldn't depend on the phones alone or headphones. If you haven't tried the SRS WOW effects yet, I recommend you go to the nearest PC and try it out. The effect is unique and cannot be replicated... not to mention mind blowing and amazing!

As for the OP, I have the iPhone too, and it sucks, but poor old Jobs hasn't put in SRS capabilities. :mad: Not even on the MacBook, which can clearly handle it :eek:

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
Personally I dislike post-processed audio since it alters the intended sound of a piece. But if you like it, there is a plug-in for iTunes on a Mac and an adapter that provide SRS WOW through the dock connector on your ipod/iphone/ipad. Do a google or bing on "iWOW".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.