Srs Wow Hd

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by batcatman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. batcatman macrumors member

Hey Guys....

I just jumped ships from Windows Mobile to iphone after 4 years of loyalty:( My most widely used app in WM was SRS WOW HD, which is basically a sound enhancement app. I did extensive search but cud not find an iphone version of teh app, cud u guys suggest something similar to make my music sound better.
    Any help appreciated, and this forum is awesome for newbies like me.:apple:

2. batcatman thread starter macrumors member

anyone...anything???:confused:any sound enhancement app??

3. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

I'm confused. Why would you need a sound enhancement app? Wouldn't it solely depend on the phones? I'm sure the music will sound awesome with some Shure's 530s?

4. batcatman thread starter macrumors member

I agree it does depend on headfones if/when i am using them. I mostly listen to my iphone in car...which is where srs wow used to do its magic.:(

5. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Seriously, just plug it in first and you will be, "WOW'ed"

No need for an app to make it sound good as the output is already high end.

-Or are you looking for an equalizer?

6. lolapple macrumors newbie

Uh, no, it wouldn't depend on the phones alone or headphones. If you haven't tried the SRS WOW effects yet, I recommend you go to the nearest PC and try it out. The effect is unique and cannot be replicated... not to mention mind blowing and amazing!

As for the OP, I have the iPhone too, and it sucks, but poor old Jobs hasn't put in SRS capabilities. :mad: Not even on the MacBook, which can clearly handle it :eek:

7. err404 macrumors 68020

Personally I dislike post-processed audio since it alters the intended sound of a piece. But if you like it, there is a plug-in for iTunes on a Mac and an adapter that provide SRS WOW through the dock connector on your ipod/iphone/ipad. Do a google or bing on "iWOW".