SRware Iron browser. Where does it put the profile folder?

Anthony A

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
I recently installed Iron browser for Mac. It was a simple drag and drop install into the applications folder. The browser works fine. The problem is I can't find the profile folder or any other folder for Iron. Where does it keep it's settings?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Which version of Mac OS X are you using? Most browsers put their support stuff in your User Library folder - either in the Application Support subfolder or in a folder named similarly to the application. The User Library folder is hidden by default in Lion - to get there just invoke to Go To Folder... option in Finder and type ~/Library in the resulting dialog.

Comment

Anthony A

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Which version of Mac OS X are you using? Most browsers put their support stuff in your User Library folder - either in the Application Support subfolder or in a folder named similarly to the application. The User Library folder is hidden by default in Lion - to get there just invoke to Go To Folder... option in Finder and type ~/Library in the resulting dialog.
I'm using Leopard 10.5

I use six different browsers on the Mac and I know where they put the user info but Iron does not put it in any of those areas. I did a spotlight search and only the Iron app in the Applications folder shows up.

I know that Iron is saving the settings some where but I just can't figure out where. I though maybe it was keeping it in the app file so I opened it and looked around but I didn't see anything that looked like user info.

Since it's built on Chromium like Google Chrome it should have a very similar file set up, well you would think it would anyways but it doesn't.

Comment

Dequanizatifici

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2013
I find Iron's data in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Chromium/Default
and Chrome's data in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/Default/

Comment