SS getting warm during/ after charging

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GReeeeN, May 5, 2015.

1. GReeeeN, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015

GReeeeN macrumors newbie

So I've noticed while the Apple Watch charges, it gets pretty warm, and I'm guessing this is normal having the SS case (I had a sports and it never got warm while charging).

Ive also noticed once waking up and checking the watch, it still remains quiet warm, even though it would have hit 100% a good 4-5 hours ago.

Is it normal for the watch to constantly be warm while on the charger, even when at 100%, is anyone else with the SS finding this is the case? Is this safe?, is it damaging the battery?, should we be removing the watch as soon as it hits 100%?.

2. DJTJ macrumors regular

mine stays warm. If im home on the weekends i don't usually strap it on and just leave it charging. hope that is ok???

3. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Same for me. When I take the watch off the charger every morning, the watch was warm.

4. flur macrumors 68000

Mine isn't, but it's on the charger for about 8-10 hours so it's got a lot of time to cool down after finishing charging. The ones I tried on at the Apple store were all very warm and the genius that helped me said that was totally normal.

5. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

You guys really ought to read the manual ...

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1708/en_US/apple_watch_user_guide.pdf

6. mrboba1 macrumors regular

It's magnetic induction. Why would you think it would be anything but warm?

7. Teejus macrumors regular

I was having the same problem. Did a hard reset on my watch and my phone and it wasn't hot last night. Give that a shot...otherwise its normal if its just warm. If its hot to the point you can't touch it theres a problem