SS Link cost/exchange.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Millionaire2K, May 18, 2015.

1. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

Today I got the 42 SS link bracelet band via the band exchange program. I had the Classic Buckle and last Wed called Apple to exchange the bands.

Anyway I find it odd that Apple does not include the pouch for the extra links nor do they include the cleaning cloth with the SS link band only order.

For the cost of the band and seeing that someone that is ordering this band does not have these items (These items are only included with the watch link combo) I find it odd.

If these items ship with the SS link Watch, I think they should also be included with the link bracelet.

Anyone know of a way or have a suggestion on how to acquire these items?

2. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

Have you checked the marketplace? I'm sure someone would be willing to part with there's.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I am not sure about your question, but I have a question for you. Did they let you keep the old band until the new band came? Did the band swap have to occur within 14 days?

4. rfbandit macrumors regular

rfbandit

I'm in the same boat. I actually called Apple and escalated it up to Executive Relations and the solution they gave me was to order a whole new watch, the model with link bracelet, and they'd give me a return exception to return my BCB watch. But they wouldn't've been able to move the new order up the queue, so I'd have to wait 5-7 weeks without a watch. So I gave up.

5. AppleWatchGuy macrumors member

how many days do you get for the band exchange program? And how quickly did the new band arrives??

6. Millionaire2K thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I was able to keep the old band until the new band arrived. They said I could keep it no matter how long the new band took to arrive.

Also the swap did NOT happen within 14 days of me getting my watch. I called on day 20.

----------

I called Apple on the 13th. The new Link band shipped on the 15th. I got the band today. Total of just 5 days.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Try eBay, but they're nothing more than a square microfiber cleaning cloth and a microfiber pouch to hold the excess links. They aren't that special and I'm sure most link bracelet watch owners just leave them in the box.

8. Millionaire2K thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow that's a lot of hassle for these items. I'm also not willing to do a FULL watch exchange just for these minor items. It's just odd they don't come with the band.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There's not really an easy way to fit a square cleaning cloth into the retail box for link bracelet purchased separately, so they've likely opted to forgo it for this reason. The cleaning cloth is exactly the size of the Watch retail box so it went into that easily.

10. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

i went through the band exchange program as well, sport band to link bracelet, they didnt take my payment info down nor did i get an email saying i was getting a link bracelet, they said my original card would be charged, did you get an email to begin with or did you get one once it shipped

11. Millionaire2K thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought that was odd also. They didn't ask about CC they just assumed I was using the same card (I wanted to so it was ok). I got emails about my "return" but none for the new band order. Looking at my account I did notice they added the bracelet to the original order and added a band only return to the original order. The only email I ever got about the new band was when it shipped.

12. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

well at least that relives me, i was kinda worried haha, thanks man!

13. Millionaire2K thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just check you apple online orders. The new band should be added to the original watch order.