SS Shortage...Really?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rhyzome, Oct 20, 2018.

1. rhyzome macrumors regular

I notice the SS s4 models have delivery dates like more than a month away.

Is it set in stone that they wont be available before then?

Historically, when delivery dates were delayed like this, do any fellow maceumorers remember if a product ended up being available before Apple’s specified date?

Do they sometimes refresh store inventory before the delivery date?

Is there a chance I wont have to wait a month?

2. DougFNJ macrumors 65816

DougFNJ

istocknow.com

That will tell you the stores that have them available. If you order online, may take that month, may not. This has been the story with Stainless Steel for as long as I remember.

3. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Says 28 nov in store or if you order in Sweden. On Thursday I was having lunch and checked availability and it said in stock for 44mm SS. I ordered for pickup and got it that day. After I bought it went back to 28 nov. I got lucky I feel

4. unibility macrumors 6502a

I placed an order for a Apple Watch series 4 in stainless steal through my carrier in the October 11th and it arrived on the 15th. It was pretty quick.

5. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Maybe someone returned an unopened box?

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This is not an anything new. Apples stainless models have been back ordered almost since pre-order, as indicated from the thread linked by the other members. Also, keep in mind, Apple tends to under promise and over deliver. So just because you were predicted a later shipping date, doesn’t mean that you won’t receive it earlier either. Istocknow is another viable source as well.

7. srshaw macrumors 6502

8. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I notice that sometimes they become available for in store pick up on a day to day basis and then they disappear again. I managed to grab one for my mom during a weekday, and by that night they were sold out again. My advice is to watch the Apple Store app and see if you get lucky (if you live near an Apple store).

9. Skiefire macrumors member

There have been waves of them arrive all over the place in store. Not just apple stores either.

Seems to be mostly sport bands though.

10. kanselmo macrumors member

I ordered a SBSS series 2 (from Apple) a couple years ago when it first came out. I was quoted a 5-6 week wait but it arrived in something like 2 1/2 weeks. This year, I ordered a SBSS series 4 on 9/18. Quoted 10/16-10/23 for shipping, and mine arrived on 10/15. I'd assume the estimates are currently pretty accurate. You probably do have a good chance of snagging one locally if you keep on it.