SS with Black Sport Band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by noobinator, Dec 28, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I bought an Apple Watch SS when it first came out and could have sworn I ordered the SS with Black Sport band but now I don't see that combo on Apple's website. Am I losing my mind or was this never available? I recently got another SS but had to get it with White Sport band and buy the black separately.

2. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I am pretty sure they removed the Black Sports Band from the Silver SS when they allowed people to buy the Black SS with the Black Sports Band. In the early days, you had to buy the Black SS Link with the Black SS Watch which made the Black SS very expensive.

TxWatch

3. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

I hate how they do this. I had to pay $50 extra since Apple deemed that combo to not be offered. I do remember it being one of the most ordered combos when the watch came out, if I remember correctly. Now I have a white sport band that will go in the trash.

4. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

I bought my SS on the BSB shortly after launch.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why throw the white sport band away? Just eBay it to recoup some of your cost.

Meanwhile, some Sport owners are bitching that the black band is still not offered as a bundled option on the silver Sport.

6. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

You can send it to me! I have the SG Sport and I have been thinking about the White Sport Band...:D

TxWatch

7. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

If you lived near me I'd give it to you. I'm much to lazy to ship things out, especially this time of the year.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

What pissed me off the most is I bought the SS w/ BSB because I didn't want to spend $1000 on a SB with link bracelet and Apple turns around and offers it a few months later with Sport band. bastards!

9. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

I like how they changed it. My SS on BSB is more unique now, and it's still my favorite basic combo.

10. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I think it would be better for them to just sell the watch bodies separately so that you could mix and match however you wanted.

11. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Exactly. That would simplify things much more for Apple and resellers. It might not be the best presentation, but it would make more practical sense.

12. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

I'm expecting this for future versions. I wouldn't need a new band unless the one I already have is broken or excessively worn.

13. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Man, wish I hadn't read this thread. Now I'm mad that you can now get the space black model with BSB for $599. That's the life of an early adopter.