SSD 128GB vs HDD 500 GB 7200

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by b1u3b0y, Sep 24, 2009.

1. b1u3b0y Guest

If you had to choose which would you pick? I already have a 750 GB EHDD so I'm kind of swaying towards the SSD for my future Macbook Pro. Any suggestions or insight?

500 GB 7200 - $60
    128 GB - $240

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

SSD all the way and if you're getting a MBP then I'd put the other in an optibay.

SSDs for portables to me are very nice to have.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

SSD all the way if it's capacity is enough for you. Jessica's suggestion to remove the optical drive and adding a second HD is great option too.

4. b1u3b0y thread starter Guest

Yeah I figured that if I need to do any video editing or large photoshops I can just work directly off my external which is more then enough room. I never keep anything of value on my computer anyways. It just houses my programs that I use and the current project I'm working on. I figure 128 GB is a decent amount of space.

5. rme macrumors regular

Don't buy the SSD from Apple!
    The TS128A isn't that fast, and I doubt they'll ever offer an update for TRIM support.
    My advice : get the the cheapest HD from Apple and get an Intel X25M

6. opera57 macrumors 6502

If you have got an external, and are happy to keep files on your external... the SSD is probs best to go for. The machine will run much faster in day to day operations with the ssd! [​IMG]