SSd and crashing help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Medic278, May 7, 2012.

1. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Hello all I recently install a 240GB intel 520 SSD in my late 2011 dual core i7 13" MBP and everything was running awesome until today! I put my original HDD in a an enclosure and am using it as an external HDD. I partitioned this drive twice one large one for time machine and a bootable partition made via CCC. However while using CCC the app crashed and now I am now getting kernel panics and every app except my core system ones (mail iTunes safari etc etc) are crashing. I am thinking I am going to have to wipe the drive an do a fresh install. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? I had no problems until I started using time machine! My time machine files are fine far as I can I tell,I am thinking of doing a clean install anyway just to be on the safe side I guess.

2. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Well, my only thought is if it WAS all working properly prior to some Time Machine back-ups, is the T-M drive at LEAST twice the size of what you are trying to back up..?? I believe, by definition, it is required to be that.. Maybe.. :apple: :(