SSD Configuration on optibay, halfway through few questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by konaseema, Jun 11, 2011.

1. konaseema macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Here is my hardware: Macbook pro 13" 2011, Cheapo Optibay from ebay, 96GB kingston SSD

Here is what I did so far:
    • Installed SSD in optibay, pretty painless
    • use CCC, moved all the files to SSD (Pretty new laptop, so not much data
    • In System preferences->Start up disk->chose SSD as startup drive; it booted fine

My questions are:

1) Now I need to delete files from stock hard drive, how do do that? Can I just format it? Do I have to do anything before deleting the contents from stock hard drive?
    2) Need to move the home folder to stock drive; what is the best option to do it?
    3) I want to create a bootcamp to install w7; can i create shared partition, so both w7 and iOS can see the files? Any instructions?

BTW, after installing the optibay, My Laptop is asking for password for my wifi everytime I reboot; any idea why it is not storing the password?

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

I'm not sure about the password part unless you have a PRAM problem. Have you reset it? SMC reset?

To delete the files from your old drive just partition or format it using Disk Utility.

Regarding your home folder, wouldn't that have been copied over when you CCC'd the drive?

3. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

For the password, reset the PRAM as suggested. Restart the computer then hold down option, command, P, and R. After the startup chime has sounded twice, let it go. Then you're set there.

Yes, just erase the HDD in disk utility.

Instead of moving the home folder, I'd suggest just moving the movies, music, pictures, documents, etc to the HDD. Read this blog post for instructions on how to do that.

4. konaseema thread starter macrumors newbie

I hear constant noise i guess after installing SSD. Any settings to change? Thanks,