SSD Drive Damaged

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taal2020, Aug 25, 2013.

1. taal2020 macrumors newbie

My Macbook Pro A1398, suffered a heavy fall and the SSD drive is damaged. Mac repair guys have said that there is no way to recover the files as well, which i find it hard to believe. Can anyone suggest a way to repair the SSD, or if not, atleast recover the files. They said one of the chips of the SSD might have damaged.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm afraid you've had it. SSD's have no physical platters from which to retrieve data....even an expensive third party data recovery company will tell you the same thing. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this serves to illustrate just how important backups are. I'm sorry you lost your data, but it's gone.

3. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Yeah, good luck with that.

Unless you want to spend thousands of dollars for a lab to try and recover it (it's extremely expensive), you're out of luck. Which I'm not sure even works with SSDs. But I'm sure there's something out there claiming they can try...

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Data recovery is very very expensive, always make backups.

5. leman macrumors 604

I can only join in with the others, unfortunately, the probability of you recovering the data is slim to none :(

6. MJL macrumors 6502a

There are two kind of users: Those who religiously make backups and then there are those who will......

(in due time after having lost their data).