SSD Drive for MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beachdog1, Jun 2, 2011.

1. beachdog1 macrumors newbie

beachdog1

Can anyone tell me the largest fastest SSD drive that will fit into the MacBook Pro (2010)?

2. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Speeds are always changing, your best bang for the buck today will probably be an OCZ Agility 3.

3. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

any SATAII HD will work. Don't spend the extra money on an SATAII it will not be able to run at it's full speed

4. JR1993 macrumors regular

Do you mean SATAIII second?

You just bought the corsair force 3 looking at your thread. Problems??

5. Loops macrumors member

I'm on a 2008 Macbook Pro (pre-unibody) and I've noticed a big improvement since replacing the 5400 RPM hard drive with a 240 GB Vertex 2.

I'll never go back to mechanical laptop hard disks.

6. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

nope no problems yet

7. oButto macrumors member

Get whatever SATA II drive. At this point, you can go for Intel "reliability", OCZ/OWC speed, or any other brand really.

8. JR1993 macrumors regular

Ohhh, i think i know what you meant now. He has a 2010 mbp, so no support for sata III?

I thought, because you were testing yours and just told someone not to get one, that there must be something wrong.

What would you say to corsair force series 3 vs ocz vertex 3? how did you decide?

9. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

I went with the cheaper one, the Force Series 3. From what I hear a lot of people got bad drives, or just incompatible ones. I must be one of the lucky ones with a good drive.