SSD for i7 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by suresh31, Sep 28, 2010.

  1. suresh31 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #1
    I got the i7 MacBook Pro and want to replace the stock HD with SSD. I am thinking whether to wait for thanks giving time for a better deal on SSD or go ahead and bite the bullet.

    Any advise?
     
  2. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2009
    #2
    If you find a good one at a good price, I would say go for it. SSD tech is slowly decreasing in price and should continue to do so for a while. The plateau for it isn't coming for a long time. Anyone here think differently and see a reason to wait?
     
  3. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    Location:
    Southern Ontario
    #3
    The price is not dropping slowly its dropping drastically, a good example is an external hard drive, 4 years ago a 500 GB external HDD was $140, i bought a 2 TB for $160 a few months ago. this is one of those things that will drop a lot always, and i have heard a lot of buzz about new SSD's coming that will be much faster and drop the prices a lot, either in the 4q or the 1q 2011 i would wait till spring and then buy one, but keep watching the prices. Have you looked at the momentous XT? its the best of both worlds with a VERY affordable price tag.
     
  4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

    AdamRock

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Location:
    Toronto
    #4
    wait 3 months then buy an SSD. save like 20-30%
     
  5. CW Jones macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2009
    Location:
    CT
    #5
    No way it;ll be that much of a difference. I can see it dropping maybe 10-15% at most right before the holidays. I couldn't imagine that much though.
     
  6. suresh31 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #6
    I am looking to get the Crucial 256gb SSD, it is expensive at current prices.
     
  7. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Location:
    Chicago IL
    #7
    This is true... but if you wait 3 months after that you will save 20-30% more from then......

    The longer you wait the cheaper it is going to be. Keep waiting... keep watching the price goes down.

    Bottom line... if you want it buy it. You can wait for the prices to get cheaper forever... they will keep getting cheaper.
     

Share This Page