SSD for MBP 13" Early 2010?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shibbyville, Mar 8, 2011.

1. shibbyville macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am looking for a SSD for my MBP 13" bought last year in late February. Can I buy for instance the Vertex 3 when it is available? Is it compatible? If not, should I go for the Intel X25 or Corsair F120?

2. fishert16 macrumors newbie

Well buying the new Vertex 3 would be a waste of money since you have the Sata2 connection and would only benefit with the new MBP with Sata3. Now if your looking for a good deal I just purchased the Corsair F240 refurbished for quite a steal <$300. I know buying a refurb SSD is new territory but from what I have read its fairly safe. If you are interested in the source idk if it is allowed on this site to post a link but if it is post a reply and I will post it or PM me. Hope this helps

3. shibbyville thread starter macrumors newbie

I know the Vertex 3 is S-ATA3, but it would still be better than the other that I can find for S-ATA2. As long as it is compatible with S-ATA2 I will go for it, I can always use it later when migrating to a new Macbook Pro years later.

4. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

I would like to know where you purchased the F240 at.

Thanks

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Same.

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i did google shopping...it showed up at ~$460 lol. bah forgot it was refurb...

7. fishert16 macrumors newbie

Since this is a refurb I do have another question. Should I go with a 1 year warranty for 17 or 2 year for 40ish through square trade? Is it an issue where if it fails it would be within the first year?

Thanks