Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shibbyville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Hi,

I am looking for a SSD for my MBP 13" bought last year in late February. Can I buy for instance the Vertex 3 when it is available? Is it compatible? If not, should I go for the Intel X25 or Corsair F120?

fishert16

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
Well buying the new Vertex 3 would be a waste of money since you have the Sata2 connection and would only benefit with the new MBP with Sata3. Now if your looking for a good deal I just purchased the Corsair F240 refurbished for quite a steal <$300. I know buying a refurb SSD is new territory but from what I have read its fairly safe. If you are interested in the source idk if it is allowed on this site to post a link but if it is post a reply and I will post it or PM me. Hope this helps

shibbyville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
I know the Vertex 3 is S-ATA3, but it would still be better than the other that I can find for S-ATA2. As long as it is compatible with S-ATA2 I will go for it, I can always use it later when migrating to a new Macbook Pro years later.

jpw16

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2010
Phoenix AZ
Well buying the new Vertex 3 would be a waste of money since you have the Sata2 connection and would only benefit with the new MBP with Sata3. Now if your looking for a good deal I just purchased the Corsair F240 refurbished for quite a steal <$300. I know buying a refurb SSD is new territory but from what I have read its fairly safe. If you are interested in the source idk if it is allowed on this site to post a link but if it is post a reply and I will post it or PM me. Hope this helps

I would like to know where you purchased the F240 at.

Thanks

fishert16

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
Since this is a refurb I do have another question. Should I go with a 1 year warranty for 17 or 2 year for 40ish through square trade? Is it an issue where if it fails it would be within the first year?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.