SSD 'Forgetting' things?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheRdungeon, Jul 4, 2012.

1. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

Hey All, I have a high end 15" Early '11 MBP, with a BTO Apple 128GB SSD and a 750gb HDD in the optibay.

Lately I've noticed my computer has started to almost forget certain settings, like the shortcuts on the sidebar in finder (huge pain as I use this daily for work) plus random application icons going missing and being replaced with the generic mac symbol for applications.

There's other various things that happen which I can't recall but yeah these things seem totally random and I can't figure it out! Has anyone had anything similar before? I backup daily so it'll be ok if things turn really bad but it's starting to make me not trust this thing totally

2. golu14 macrumors regular

Did you make sure the ssd and hdd are snug tight in place?

3. TheRdungeon thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep they've been installed this way for a year now, this has only happened the past couple of months cheers

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Have you tried repairing permissions, and verify disk? Both in Disk Utility.

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

It's dimensia I tells you! I warned everyone, but did they freakin believe me?!? Of course they didn't! Now who's the crazy bastard? Yeah, lookin' at y'all.

6. TheRdungeon thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah good call actually haven't done that in a while. Must be the dementia