SSD/HDD Hybrid - problems with applications

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rammiehamster, Apr 9, 2012.

1. rammiehamster macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone.

I've just bought my new (refurb) MBP, bought 16GB of RAM and a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD drive.

I've set up the existing toshiba HDD in the optical bay for a hybrid effect.

I was very proud of myself :)

Lion now boots directly from the SSD drive

I used Migration Assistant to bring over my apps and settings from my old MBP. Easy, no worries. They are all on the SSD now.

Then I manually pulled my old Home folder over to the new MBP HDD, and then changed my account settings to make this my home folder on my MBP.

So far, all good.

The problem has arisen when I try to open my apps - they are all factory fresh - Microsoft Office/ CS4 require serial numbers, Mail requires me to input all my account information as does Adium etc. My dock is in the wrong place, backgrounds are standard etcetcetc.

Anyone got any bright idea about what's gone wrong. My new library seems to be the same as my library on the old MBP.......

I would love anyone that could help me to get this up and running - still using my old slug, which is frustrating with my new ferrari sitting next to it.....

Thanks in advance :)

2. negativzero macrumors 6502

Since you migrated from an older Mac, might I suggest doing a fix permissions and see how that turns out for you.

3. rammiehamster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks NegativeZero. I've already done that sadly.

Does anyone else have any awesome ideas? It's soooooo annoying :-(