Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 17" that I love for the screen (17 inch, obviously, but anti-glare too, which I much prefer over glossy for a variety of reasons). It's just perfect for my photo editing requirements. The only trouble is that I keep totally swamping the 750GB HDD with RAW files, and repeatedly offloading it to an external disk or the cloud is rather inconvenient. So I was thinking of removing the DVD drive, and putting in a 256GB SSD for speed, and replacing the HDD with a 2TB one for storage. The OS, applications, and photo editing cache will go on the SSD; files on the HDD. I was thinking of a 256GB Samsung 850, but not sure if the EVO or PRO is the one to go for. I'd like the fastest, most reliable option, but only if my machine can actually use that extra speed. I'm not going to spend 30% extra for a PRO if it'll perform the same as an EVO in my case. The only 2TB 2.5 inch drive that I can find that fits is a Samsung M9T. It's only 9.5mm thick - the others all seem to be 15mm. It's 5200RPM, so should stay cool and quiet enough, and the comparative lack of performance shouldn't be that much of a problem, because once a photo I'm editing is loaded up, the SSD is going to do all the heavy lifting. I will stick to Mavericks, as I can then use the Trim Enabler app. (Doesn't work in Yosemite, and I believe it's worth it for the extra performance.) I only need Mail, Safari, Lightroom 6, Pixelmator and a few other bits and bobs anyway, so Yosemite doesn't strike me as all that necessary in my case. The battery is also rather old at this point, so I'll probably take the opportunity to swap it over at the same time. Where can I get one in the UK without waiting a week and paying the extra to have a 'genius' do it for me? (As an aside, I don't think that I really need to upgrade to the last of the 17" models (late 2011), as the spec I have is decent - 2.8GHZ, 8GB RAM. The HDD is clearly the bottleneck in my setup. I use PC express cards for USB 3 and SD card reading, so the lack of Thunderbolt and USB3 ports isn't really an issue either. Plus the 2011 models only have 750GB HDD anyway, so I'd still be looking to upgrade. Shout if you disagree.) I'm still not 100% on the whole Trim Enabler thing, but I'd prefer to play it safe than be running the very latest OS features I won't use (I don't have an iPhone or iPad), which I think my choice gives me. Does that sound like a sensible thing to do in order to get a couple more years out of what in all other ways seems to be a very respectable machine? Any suggestions or tips before I drop £200 on this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!