SSD in Macbook Pro refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitedragon101, Aug 4, 2011.

1. whitedragon101 macrumors 6502a

I am holding off buying an SSD because of the rumblings of the Macbook Pro becoming more like the Air (in next years Ivy Bridge refresh).

Do you think these changes will include putting in an SSD as standard? Perhaps a blade style SSD like the Air?

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

ssds wont go down that much for apple to slap them in the pro's. the advantages with the pros is massive space for hard drives.

nonetheless we wont know until early next year 2012. so unless u want to hold off for more than half a year, you my as well buy a macbook pro now and enjoy the dam thing

3. RWil85 macrumors 6502

will it be the same poopy toshiba/samsung ssd's that apple uses for other machines that people complain about or do the MBA's use a different/better SSD?

4. whitedragon101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have the Macbook Pro, I am just holding off buying the SSD. I will buy a new one in the refresh and sell my current one. But if the new Macbook Pro's have SSD's in them buying an SSd now would be a waste of money for such a short period of time.

5. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

I don't think they'll have SSDs since they're pretty damn pricy, and Apple does love to keep the pricing of their Macbooks the same while offering spec bumps every year.