SSD Intel Good Enough?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaucasionInvasn, Nov 25, 2009.

1. CaucasionInvasn macrumors member

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-X25-M-Mainstream-SSDSA2MH080G2C1-Internal/dp/B002IGT7IK

I was looking to purchase this SSD for my Macbook 13 inch i will be receiving this Christmas.

My question is after i put it in what do i have to do?
    And is this drive good enough? or should i just get the Samsung that comes with the Macbook as an option?

Thanks for all the help, i was thinking Intel but just need some reassurance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What do you mean "good enough" ? The internal drive that ships with your machine will be "good enough" in the sense that it will [probably] function.

After you install the drive you need to install the operating system from your system discs.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You really didn't search at all did you? The Intel X25 M is a well-regarded SSD. I have one for a future MBP that I am using as my boot drive in my MacPro.

After install boot from your restore DVD.

4. CaucasionInvasn thread starter macrumors member

I no the Intel is one of the best SSD's available and i did do some searching. Im just asking now will this drive be a better decision to buy instead of the Samsung with the Macbook(custom)

And yes ive read post's stating that Intel is the best, blah blah blah. So im guessing this drive from amazon is the way to go. Unless someone can find me a cheaper Intel:)

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I believe that Intel is the right way to go.

6. CaucasionInvasn thread starter macrumors member

thank you golden. Then after i install the intel i just start up the computer and boot the cd that comes with my macbook

7. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

The Intel drive walks all over the Samsung. Too bad Apple cheaps out on their standard SSD drives.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

:rolleyes: Really, there are people on these boards who say "Intel is best" and have no real idea why. Then there are people who have posted hard evidence as to why and how the Intel SSD walks all over the Samsung. Not only in price but in performance. You clearly read whatever you read as opinion and ignored simple facts. Obviously now you got your answer but there are countless threads here and on other boards that read less like opinions and more like facts. It is a well known fact and should be to anyone looking for an SSD that the SSD from Apple doesn't out perform the Intel SSD.

9. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972