ssd optimization software for my samsung 830 series 128gb ssd (mbp 13" mid 2012)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zesto, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Zesto, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

Zesto macrumors newbie

I have a Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 128GB which i bought in 2012, and its been working great, when i updated to windows 8 it had some freezing issues, but I used an optimization software that sorted it out... however i formatted it and put it in my mbp and installed osx and on my mid 2012 mb pro, the freezing issues are once again present - basically it works just fine but sporadically, like 4 times a day it just freezes bad for like 5 mins at a time and usually i have to do a hard reboot...

is there any ssd optimization software for mac? or any option in the OS that can fix this problem? I had the drive sent through warranty and they sent it back saying its fine and to try to find an optimization software...lol...?

btw i also did some tests with the samsung ssd magician software (on windows) and according to its tests my ssd is still healthy and in good condition...so I too think its an optimization issue.

2. Gpulvi macrumors member

Gpulvi

Did you install trim enabler? That happened to me twice, but it was solved when I enabled TRIM.