SSD / OS Help

ko86804n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2015
Hey everyone,

I have been a long time reader first time poster. I need some help / advice. About six months ago I installed a Crucial 500g SSD in my main hard drive compartment. Everything was fine for the most part. I copied the hard drive over right on to the ssd. I think that could have compromised my performance in the last six months.

I decided to install my old 500g hard drive in my optical drive slot. In the process, I unplugged my SSD. Everything fits fit and is good. The good news is my macbook pro is running faster then it ever has. Is it because I unplugged the SSD and it reset?

The bad news is it seems to have reset everything when I installed the old hard drive in the cd rom slot. I have done nothing I just started my computer and I do have back ups on an external before I did this task.

Anyway, to be more clear about the exact problem. It seems my computer is running as it has about 24 months ago (my sr year of college) I have college papers on my desk top that I have long long deleted. The second off thing is everything needs to be updated flash, microsoft, everything. Additionally, I think I am missing a lot of apps, software, random stuff. I am not sure exactly what because I did not really take count before. I work at an investment bank and my vpn log in stuff is missing as well. It's pretty important I get this back.

Do you think the old hard drive is interfering with the SSD? I'm pretty sure the OS is running on the SSD because like I said my laptop is flying.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Best,

Kyle

ko86804n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2015
Also, I just plugged my external drive in and it says my last back up was May 17th 2015. I backup about every 10-14 days..

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
You're booting off of the old HDD. Just go into System Preferences and select the correct Startup disk.

ko86804n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2015
You're booting off of the old HDD. Just go into System Preferences and select the correct Startup disk.
I did I do not think the SSD is showing up. There looks like there is two Hard drives both mac 10.9.5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.