SSD Prices on ebay rip off?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by justinale, Apr 22, 2010.

1. justinale macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! =)

I'm new to the forum and I just got a MAC so I need your guys help! I want to upgrade the stock 250 gb for a new SSD card. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever bought a SSD on ebay? What kind and around ~ how much? And Whats a good price for a SSD 256 GB? I saw this one can you, can you guys tell me if its an okay price ? link

Thanks for all the help!! =)

Jle

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Wouldn't get one on eBay; get one off of newegg.com. For a 256GB SSD you're looking at about $700.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

the item you linked to is an auction so the price will only go up.

for 256GB ssd's you're going to be looking at $600-700+

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I would definitely want to get an SSD from a retailer that offers a good replacement warranty (just in case). Also, obviously you want a manufacturer's warranty, since SSD's can be still a bit finicky. As other poster in this thread, I would also recommend a NewEgg, or Amazon.

5. eazyc10 macrumors member

I'm going against the grain here. But I picked up my 80gb Intel G2 on ebay for about $180 after discounts.

What you have to find is a reputable seller (I've seen buy.com sell Intel SSD's in the past) and a buy it now. Using bing cashback (8% cashback) will save you quite a bit.

Just my experience. I've purchased both my 80gb G2's on ebay and had no issue. And to comment about warranty, unless it's DOA you generally do not return it to the store as they will have you go to the manufacturer directly.

6. justinale thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys! =) so is 440 good for this drive?