SSD receipt please.

Joshaldo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Hey guys I am trying to get a good price on a 256GB SSD from my local computer shop and he said he will price match anything $270 and over if I have a receipt. I would prefer to buy SSD locally in case something goes wrong. If anyone could scan through a receip to by4x@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated

Joshaldo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I have offered to show him amazon.com for example for prices but he wants an actual receipt :-(.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I have offered to show him amazon.com for example for prices but he wants an actual receipt :-(.
Why would a person trying to price match have a receipt? If you had the receipt, and you bought it at a lower price you wouldn't be asking him to price match so you could buy one. It doesn't make sense.

I call BS on OP. SSD can be bought for way less than $270. Why would anyone in there right mind pay more?
Maybe the OP isn't in the US? Also, last time I was at Fry's, they were selling the 256GB Samsung 830s for $299.99. :eek:

trikky

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
Hey guys I am trying to get a good price on a 256GB SSD from my local computer shop and he said he will price match anything $270 and over if I have a receipt. I would prefer to buy SSD locally in case something goes wrong. If anyone could scan through a receip to by4x@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated
I call shenanigans!

Why would a retailer price match policy for something you're planning on buying from them require a receipt? That would mean you've already bought the thing and no longer need what that retailer is selling.

There are a couple of non-legitimate reasons for wanting someone's receipt, but I think it's a safe bet trying to get a lower price from a retailer is not one of them.

SlyMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
There is no point in buying from a local store when onine sites like newegg have excellent return policies and their prices are significantly cheaper. If you're worried about reliability, keep the hard drive you're replacing with the SSD and swap it in if there are problems.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Any store who makes their customers go through this much trouble does not deserve my business and should not gain yours.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
A store that price matches only if you give them a receipt from another person's purchase? ********.

OP is either full of **** or that store is questionable at best.