SSD receipt please.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Joshaldo, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Joshaldo macrumors newbie

Hey guys I am trying to get a good price on a 256GB SSD from my local computer shop and he said he will price match anything $270 and over if I have a receipt. I would prefer to buy SSD locally in case something goes wrong. If anyone could scan through a receip to by4x@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

You know SSDs have warranties and even if you buy it locally, after the return period you'll have to rma it regardless (if it dies).

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

4. Joshaldo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have offered to show him amazon.com for example for prices but he wants an actual receipt :-(.

5. thebritishguy macrumors member

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

He's a con artist. 256s are way cheaper. Use amazon

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I call BS on OP. SSD can be bought for way less than $270. Why would anyone in there right mind pay more?

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Why would a person trying to price match have a receipt? If you had the receipt, and you bought it at a lower price you wouldn't be asking him to price match so you could buy one. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe the OP isn't in the US? Also, last time I was at Fry's, they were selling the 256GB Samsung 830s for $299.99. :eek:

9. trikky macrumors regular

I call shenanigans!

Why would a retailer price match policy for something you're planning on buying from them require a receipt? That would mean you've already bought the thing and no longer need what that retailer is selling.

There are a couple of non-legitimate reasons for wanting someone's receipt, but I think it's a safe bet trying to get a lower price from a retailer is not one of them.

10. SlyMac macrumors 6502

There is no point in buying from a local store when onine sites like newegg have excellent return policies and their prices are significantly cheaper. If you're worried about reliability, keep the hard drive you're replacing with the SSD and swap it in if there are problems.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Any store who makes their customers go through this much trouble does not deserve my business and should not gain yours.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I would NEVER give some other person a receipt of mine.

13. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I agree lol

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A store that price matches only if you give them a receipt from another person's purchase? ********.

OP is either full of **** or that store is questionable at best.